Legal & Privacy Info
We recognize your privacy is important. Georgia Tech Professional Education's policy is to protect the privacy and confidentiality of individuals accessing our Web site. This policy describes what information we collect, and how that information is protected and used. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Personal information and other data we collect
- Professional Education collects personal information when you register for a Short Program, Degree Program, or English as a Second Language course, seminar, or program, a Global Learning Center event, or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other Professional Education services to provide a better user experience.
- Professional Education's servers automatically record information when you visit our Web site, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- Professional Education does not license, sell or provide your personal information or other contact information provided or collected regarding student or alumni lists to any third party except outlined in this policy or with your consent.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, such as more information about the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center or Professional Education short courses.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Professional Education technologies and services.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- On some pages within our website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information before accessing specific pages, or as a requirement to receive certain information by mail or e-mail. For example, persons requesting short course materials or registration will be asked to provide a name and mailing address. This information may be used by us to contact you directly to respond to your requests; however, you will always be given an opportunity to opt out of any of our promotional activities.
- Some website features may use applications to collect data to facilitate an e-commerce transaction. Professional Education stores the credit card transaction approval code to complete and track each purchase. At no point, does Professional Education retain any part of your credit card number. Cardholder and purchase information is electronically transmitted from the user's Web browser via a secure (https://) channel to Professional Education's server, which then hands it off via an application program interface, or API, to the campus payment gateway, Touchnet. Touchnet, a third-party processor, receives approval or denial for the purchase via the credit provider and sends the approval/denial code via the API to store in Professional Education's database. Professional Education's server then notifies the customer via secure channel about the status of his or her transaction.
- Whenever reasonably possible, we offer you choices when we ask for personal information.
- If you do not wish to receive our communications, you may unsubscribe at any time following the instructions contained in the communications.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate or delete it.
Or write to us at:
Georgia Institute of Technology
84 5th St. N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30308-1031